This Beat the Heat unit also includes:
Explore greenhouse effect and climate change through a 15-day unit. Scholars learn about these STEM concepts by researching, conducting surveys, experimenting, and collaborating with experts in the field. They frequently communicate their ideas through online collaboration tools — a great skill in today's digital age.
- Prior to the lesson, use an activity such as a KWL chart to assess prior knowledge
- Project includes a wiki and blog for communication throughout the unit
- Unit calls for interaction with experts in the field
- Includes suggestions for differentiation for low, high, and ELL pupils
- Provides resources for an entire unit on climate change