This Beginner's Guide to Arabic handout also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Introduce your language learners to Arabic. The most useful portion of this resource is the detailed information on the Arabic alphabet. Each letter is placed in a grid that shows the various ways to write it based on the situation (beginning of sentence, end of sentence, etc.) and paired with explanation. Also provided is a list of basic vocabulary, links to resources for learning Arabic, links to recommended books, and copies of a newsletter.
- Each letter of the alphabet is charted and explained
- The basic vocabulary list is separated by theme and is made up of the Arabic words and pronunciations as well as the meanings in English
- The newsletter, which is about special aspects of Arabic and includes some tidbits about literature, has some formatting issues and might not be right for your class
- The initial introductory pages include information about where to learn Arabic that might not be relevant