After the Spanish-American War, Puerto Ricans were granted access to the United State of America. Follow along as a video shares the life experience of Bernardo Vega. With hopes to create a better life, Vega ventured to New York City where he began working and later started a family.
- After watching the video, direct pupils to write a reflection on what they saw then have a grand conversation to discuss and answer questions
- Gather a collection of books that feature Puerto Rico; allow learners to browse stories when time permits
- Make the video part of instruction during Hispanic Heritage Month
- September 15th through October 15th is Hispanic Heritage Month
- The video is artistically produced
- Actual pictures are displayed