Just between us, this is a pretty cool lesson! Given two functions with the same slope, learners write three new functions whose outputs are all between the given functions. The question is open-ended, allowing pupils to explore the relationship between the functions and their outputs.
- Incorporate when introducing linear systems with no solutions
- Provide less advanced individuals with graphs of the functions to assist in the exploration
- Consider making graphing calculators available if using as a discovery lesson
- Provides the resource in an editable format
- Encourages higher order thinking