This Big Data and Politics lesson plan also includes:
Movie selection means more than entertainment. Learners consider what information Netflix gathers to understand the concept of "big data." Resource includes clips of experts talking about corporations that harvest the details of our lives. After reviewing the information, class members explore the age of data mining and its impact on American politics with discussion questions.
- Discuss the impact of big data on politics using discussion questions
- Ask the class to create a targeted political ad they think would appeal to them using the information in the lesson
- Pupils must be able to view the clips on a device or in the classroom
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Clips are easy to follow and carefully curated
- Topic is relevant but not often explored in the classroom