This Billy Brown and the Belly Button Beastie lesson plan also includes:
How would you feel if you lost your belly button? Read about Billy Brown in Billy Brown and the Belly Button Beastie by Bobby and Sherry Norfolk. Young learners retell the story, answer questions, focus on the letter B and parts of the body, and cook some belly button-shaped pasta.
- Split the activities up into several days, or divide the class into stations to rotate between each activity
- Use extension activities as fun outdoors or cooking lessons
- Have kids complete the worksheets as homework assignments to reinforce instruction
- Some activities require adult supervision and help
- Variety of activities will interest even your most reluctant readers
- Includes a version for older learners (second grade)