This Biology Before Darwin: Crash Course History of Science #19 video also includes:
When did biology become a proper science? Travel back in time to the evolution of natural history during part 19 in an ongoing History of Science series. Pupils discover early pioneers in the study of plants and animals, the birth of binomial nomenclature, and the use of the scientific method in biological study.
- Make the video the focal point of a pre-evolution lesson
- Learn more about the first female entomologist, Maria Sibylla Merian, with a short video presentation
- Consider pausing the video at key points and quickly reviewing that segment of information; there's a lot to take in!
- The Thought Bubble provides a great breakdown of the content
- Colorful animations bring the scientists of the age to life