This Boat in the River activity & project also includes:
Ever feel like you're headed up the down escalator? Don't let your pupils get stuck in that rut! Practice writing equations to solve a problem using an engaging lesson. A video presents information that allows learners to determine how long it takes to go up the down escalator. It is possible!
- Use the lesson as a performance task to assess equation writing and solving skills
- Provide time for learners to develop their own solution plans before offering any guidance
- Requires some experience with writing equations to model a scenario
- Includes an entertaining presentation of the information
- Provides the solution and sample student work