This Buoyant Boats activities & project also includes:
Eureka! Using the clay boats made in the previous lesson, learners investigate the idea of buoyancy and water displacement to finish the last installment of five in a Floaters and Sinkers unit. Their observations during the activity should lead them to the idea of Archimedes' principle.
- Set up an inflatable pool in an open area to use in the activity
- Builds on knowledge from previous lessons in the unit
- Activity requires a variety of materials, including clay
- Includes a printable instruction sheet for learners to reference
- Provides some assessment and extension options