How do teachers calculate test averages? Viewers learn how to calculate test averages in the fifth installment of an 11-part Math in Science video series. The video consider different situations and grading schemes to calculate weighted and unweighted test averages.
- Provide learners with their test scores to calculate their average
- Use the video as an intervention tool for those struggling with percentages and weighted averages
- Video assumes viewers can already convert percents to decimals
- Video gives a simple, straightforward explanation of the process
- In the point system example, the easiest — and probably most often used method — is to add up all points and divide by the total possible points, which is not the method shown in the video