This California's Climate lesson plan also includes:
The United States is a large country with many different climates. Graph and analyze temperature and rainfall data for Sacramento and Washington DC as you teach your class about the characteristics of Mediterranean climates. Discuss the factors contributing to California's unique weather, identifying other regions around the world with similar conditions. Find and analyze data from other parts of the world to extend the lesson and teach about other climates.
- Presents a meaningful context for graphing and analyzing data
- Provides blank graphs for students to use when plotting weather data
- Cross-curricular lesson covers topics in both math and science
- Requires the teacher to supplement more detailed instruction on Mediterranean climates
- Assumes prior knowledge about climates and world geography