This Can I Trust the Creators? lesson plan also includes:
It's easy to find information at the click of a mouse, but is it trustworthy? Pupils learn about the E.S.C.A.P.E. acronym for evaluating sources. Next, learners read a news story and evaluate its sources to determine credibility. Last, scholars complete a worksheet and discuss the activity with their peers.
- Have participants create their own posters to demonstrate how to find reliable information
- Make copies of the worksheet
- Select a news story for students (or allow them to choose a story in advance of the lesson)
- Provides a helpful Junk News poster
- Thoughtful discussion questions help tie the lesson together