This Can You Hear Me Now? Cell Phone Accounts unit also includes:
How sustainable are cell phones? Throughout the unit, learners explore the issues around cell phones concerning sustainability. Class members take a graphical look at the number of cell phones across the world using a box-and-whisker plot. Pupils view and analyze data about the disposal of cell phones, including recycling. Fitting life expectancy data to a normal curve, scholars investigate the probabilities of phone use.
- Gather data that is more up to date and compare to the data given in the activities using data displays
- Lead a follow-up discussion on the pros and cons of the types of cell phone disposal
- Individuals should be familiar with how to calculate probabilities from a normal curve
- Includes a PowerPoint presentation to supply information
- Contains links to gather more information and data