Do you know what table sugar and the exoskeleton of crustaceans have in common? They are both types of carbohydrates. The video explains the three types of carbohydrates: monosaccharides, disaccharides, and polysaccharides. It gives examples of each with both chemical bonds and more common names.
- Challenge learners to name as many types of carbohydrates as they can; give bonus points for every non-edible one they list
- Have pupils list three things they learned from the video
- The video would work well as an introduction to carbohydrates in chemistry or in consumer and food sciences
- The third video in a series of five
- Graphics are easy to understand
- Video would work well as homework in a flipped classroom
- Video lacks attention-grabber, so keeping the class focused may be challenging