This Central Dogma and Genetic Medicine interactive also includes:
Scientists work every day to find solutions to genetic diseases. Scholars learn about the process of gene sequencing, mutations, and the results. They explore genetic diseases and therapies to intervene and help and, through case studies, integrate their knowledge to better understand this complex topic.
- Invite someone living with one of the mentioned genetic diseases to speak with the class
- Read recent research on treating these diseases and the hope for the future
- Relies on prior knowledge of cell parts and functions
- Requires higher level thinking skills
- Teaches about genetic diseases while offering inspiration for future cures rather than just the negative statistics