This Chain Connection and Un-Connection Activity printable & template also includes:
Learners practice remaining on topic during a conversation using printouts of chains as visual models for their work. Chains are placed in sequence while students stay on a shared topic of conversation, and a broken chain is used as a nonverbal reminder to remain on point.
- Use during a whole-group discussion to encourage pupils to remain on point and avoid off-topic sidebars
- Give children strategies for how to get back on point after breaking the chain of conversation
- Resource originally designed to address learners with special needs, particularly children on the autism spectrum
- Several pages of chain printables are included
- Bright colors are useful as a visual reference