This Chair Lift Challenge lesson plan also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
During the Winter Olympics, this would be an engaging task to include in your STEM instructional activity. Design teams plan, construct, and test a miniature ski lift that can carry a pingpong ball up and down a rope line without falling out. With this resource, you will find colorful handouts, follow up questions, Internet connections, and optional extension ideas.
- Common Core State Standards supported via reading material
- Meets several Next Generation Science Standards for engineering
- A fun challenge that stimulates critical thinking and encourages collaboration
- No scientific concepts are taught; consider including some instruction about simple machines or energy transfer