This Chapter 1 Teacher Guide and Student Log lesson plan also includes:
The first chapter of Iqbal, Francesco D'Adamo's coming-of-age novel set in Pakistan, is the core text for this 22-page packet of intervention materials designed to improve the reading comprehension of learners with special needs.
11 Views 4 Downloads
- Save the question cards to use for review after readers have completed the novel
- The 22-page packet is the 10th in a series of 24 resources designed as intervention materials for the special education classroom; however, many of the activities are appropriate for all learners
- The first nine lessons in the series use Tony Johnston's Any Small Goodness: A Novel of the Barrio, to introduce the routines and procedures practiced throughout. The exemplar text for the remaining lessons is Francesco D'Adamo's Iqbal
- The packet includes a scripted plan, a vocabulary list for Chapter I, a prediction exercise, and templates for the student log and questioning activity
- The plan assumes that class members are familiar with the routines and procedures developed in the first nine lessons