This Chapter 6 Teacher Guide and Student Log lesson plan also includes:
Following routines established in previous lessons in the unit, study teams make and verify predictions about what will occur in "The Band," Chapter 6 of Tony Johnston's Any Small Goodness: A Novel of the Barrio. In addition, class members learn how to generate Level 2, Putting it Together questions.
- Have partners share their Putting it Together questions with other pairs
- Intended to be used with the sixth chapter of Tony Johnston's Any Small Goodness: A Novel of the Barrio, the packet of intervention materials is designed to improve the reading comprehension of learners with special needs
- Although designed for the special education classroom, the approaches are appropriate for any learner
- The 19-page packet includes scripted lessons, step-by-step plans for formulating Level 2 questions, and worksheets
- The routines follow the same patterns as other lessons in the unit