This Charts Are Like Pasta - Data Visualization Part 1: Crash Course Statistics #5 video also includes:
Clever marketers can use visual statistics to mislead their target populations. Explore these visual misrepresentations with a video lesson from a larger statistics playlist. The lesson instructor explains visual representations of both categorical and noncategorical data while focusing on these explaining misleading strategies.
- Ask pupils to bring in samples of visual data from newspapers or magazines to analyze
- Have pupils create two visual representations of the same data, one biased and one non-biased
- Requires a strong understanding of organizing data in a table
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses animations to provide clarity to examples
- Includes several different visual examples of biased and non-biased information