Your enthusiastic chemists will flip over this entertaining video about matter and its chemical changes! Take an in-depth look into what chemical changes are and the evidence that is observed, such as color, smell, and heat. Then, observe an informative investigation of baking a cake and its results from chemical changes.
- Do some baking; bring in cake batter and a baked cake to prove how the state of matter underwent a chemical change, then sample the cake, but take class allergies into consideration
- Create a flipped classroom assignment by giving the link to pupils to watch at home then apply their new found knowledge in the class the following day
- As stated in the video, remind scholars to not try to recreate the chemical change examples at home
- This video is part of a series about matter; to see more videos like this one, click on the links that pop up at the end of the video
- Concepts are defined verbally and visually alongside detailed examples
- The video is filled with captivating graphics, sound effects, cartoon characters, and jokes that will surely engage your most stubborn participants
- The host speaks rather quickly, some class members may need the video paused or replayed to reinforce comprehension