This Circles in Triangles assessment also includes:
Circles, and triangles, and tangents, oh my! In the assessment task, learners first answer questions leading to the radius of an inscribed circle for a given right triangle. They then use the result to independently determine the radius of an inscribed circle for a different right triangle.
- Use the resource as an in-class activity
- Learners need to be aware of the hypotenuse-leg condition for congruent triangles
- Cass should have some experience with tangent lines to circles
- Scaffolding provides all learners the means to access solution
- Resource includes an answer key with rubric
- Diagram is haphazardly drawn