This Civil War: Blacks on the Battlefield lesson plan also includes:
Imagine a war being fought to free slaves, with slaves on the front line. Scholars use primary documents, videos, and research in the second installment of a three-part series to guide their analysis of the first African-Americans on the battlefield in the Civil War. They examine the impact of black soldiers on society before and after the Civil War to see how they changed America forever.
- Create a scavenger hunt for classroom use including primary documents on African-Americans in the Civil War
- Preview the lesson with a clip from the movie Glory about the first black regiment in the Civil War
- Be sure to consider all students' backgrounds
- This content requires Adobe Flash to view
- Includes printable Internet Scavenger Hunt to use in the classroom
- Primary source documents available via online resource