This Close-up of the Nervous System lesson plan also includes:
Make sure your class gets on your nerves! Learners of all ages practice peering into the nervous system to see what's inside. Groups examine prepared slides of mammalian nervous system tissues, all while gaining microscope skills. The comprehensive teacher's guide comes complete with directions, extensive vocabulary list, and guiding questions.
- Encourage groups to sketch what they see in each slide
- Project or draw images to help lab partners locate the structures they need to view in order to complete the lesson
- Try putting some microscope practice time in prior to this activity if the class lacks experience in handling prepared slides
- An easy lab with interesting subject matter
- Insightful questions help determine level of mastery