This Combining Coupons activity & project also includes:
Everyone likes to save money! Use your math skills to figure out just how much you can save on a pair of sweet shoes. A vendor is running a percent off sale, with a percent off coupon, and a specific dollar amount coupon—and lets you use all three discounts! As a unique touch, the the actual store receipt shows the final cost of the shoes.
- Incorporate during a unit on percents and ratios
- Form collaborative groups to analyze the problem and offer solution methods
- Pupils should know how to find the percent of a whole
- Includes scans of sample pupil responses
- Presents a question with multiple correct solutions and solution methods