This Comedies, Romances, and Shakespeare's Heroines: Crash Course Theater #16 video also includes:
As a writer, Shakespeare took the genre of comedy to a new level. An informational video outlines the characteristics of Shakespeare's comedies and romances and explains how the plays differed from others during the period. Additionally, the video gives an overview of the time period and traits of theater during that time.
- Choose a comedy by Shakespeare to read with the class and discuss whether it fits the information contained in the video
- Make a poster showing an overview of key plot elements or types of stock characters found within Shakespeare's plays
- Includes a few curse words and mentions of mature topics, such as cross dressing
- Uses a lot of humor help make the content more engaging
- References a variety of plays
- Features a lengthy narrative that may be difficult to follow