This Compounds Ending in 'ate' interactive also includes:
Tackle polyatomic ions with Sudoku-like games! Nomenclature novices practice identifying the names and constituents of carbonate compounds with a series of puzzles. Scholars can use the resource online or as a worksheet, thanks to the printables in the teacher's guide.
- Incorporate the puzzles into a polyatomic ions lesson to help the class become familiar with carbonates
- Display the chemical formulas of the compounds in the resource to encourage learners to relate the formulas to their names
- Plan time in the computer lab so individuals can complete the activity
- Take some time to discuss the portion of the directions that deals with formation of hydroxide compounds
- Puzzles make a great alternative method for mastering polyatomic ion formulas and names
- The activity builds logic and reasoning skills