This Conditionals lesson plan also includes:
The conditions are ripe to learn about conditionals. Young computer scientists consider conditionals in their daily lives, then apply their knowledge to computer coding. The fifth of nine parts in the Intro to CS with MakeCode uses conditional blocks to write code for several different programs.
- Have pupils summarize what they have learned in a journal entry
- Resource suggest using the if, then command for younger learners and the if, then, else command for older participants
- Familiarity with conditionals is advantageous but not necessary
- Provides diagrams that help explain the concept
- Includes an assessment rubric for the project