Using context clues is an effective way to define unfamiliar words. Encourage elementary learners to look at the sentences around the word in question, with a short informative slideshow presentation.
1 Collection 82 Views 64 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use in a literacy center to reinforce vocabulary skills
- Pair with a story or informational article that has a large amount of complex words
- The instruction slides have a lot of text; consider using the example slides only and supplementing them with your own instructions
- Text is blue on blue background, which might be difficult or some kids to read
- Provides solid examples of different ways to use context clues while reading
- Slides are plain