This Coordinates lesson plan also includes:
What are your coordinates? After learning about coordinate systems in the real world, scholars see how a three-dimensional coordinate system works in Minecraft. They write a program to produce a compass rose and conduct an activity where they move a house to a different location.
- Collaborate with a math and/or a geography teacher for the unplugged (offline) activities
- Second of nine lessons in the Intro to CS with MakeCode series; pupils should have some familiarity with Minecraft from the previous lesson
- Knowledge of coordinate systems is a plus
- Provides a rubric for the lesson
- Detailed instructions include screenshots, which make following along very easy