Differences exist in the way we draw covalent bonds of water and the way it reacts. The video explains these differences and relates them to electronegativity. It highlights the importance of water for bonding specifically as it relates to properties of reactions.
- Review the importance of water in many bonds and why it bonds so easily
- Relies on prior knowledge of H2O, its properties, and electron diagrams
- Works well as an introduction to electronegativity
- Offers links to associated videos for those that need a review or to go more in depth on a related topic
- Includes a cue to pause the video and think through a higher-level question before learning the answer