The corona virus pandemic is indeed a historic event. A time capsule activity permits young historians to document these days of social distancing, remote learning, and quarantine by collecting artifacts that capture what their lives are like now and that send a message to their future selves.
- After learners have created their time capsules, have them share during a full class Zoom or Google classroom chat, with a partner, or in small online groups
- Encourage all family members to create a time capsule, hold a ceremony as capsules are placed in a safe lace, and set a date for when the capsules will be opened
- Mail the directions to families that do not have internet access
- Although the images are of younger learners, the activity is appropriate for all ages
- The activity does not require internet access or other technologies