This Creating Civil War Multimedia lesson plan also includes:
What was it like to live through the Civil War? Learners investigate the question by creating multimedia presentations. With a scaffolded approach that includes research, creating a biopic poem, storyboard, and then polished multimedia capstone, scholars consider the point of view of various figures during the era, ranging from Clara Barton to Frederick Douglas.
- Have pupils create biopic poems of their assigned people from the Civil War
- Develop a class library of multi-media presentations as final projects for a unit on the Civil War
- Class members need access to research and presentation materials
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Project is scaffolded and easy to adapt to existing resources
- Rubrics and instructions are complete and make the project easy to implement