Young mathematicians work through the concept of converting a shaded ten-frame into a mixed number and a decimal. Learners must first identify the number of wholes. Then, they find the fraction part. After writing the mixed number, pupils write the corresponding decimal.
- Distribute to learners absent on the day of the lesson
- Project the sheet onto the board using a document camera
- Intended as an introduction to converting visuals into fractions and decimals
- Assumes class members are familiar with writing decimals
- Allows pupils to see a relationship between fractions and decimals
- Shaded visuals are in blue
- Resource is brief and basic with only two practice problems