Serve up the definition of the derivative two ways. Video three in a series of 31 begins with making the distinction between the difference quotient and the definition of the derivative. The presentation shows two ways the definition is usually seen and uses both definitions to calculate the derivative at the same point.
- Lead a discussion on why both versions of the definition arrive at the same limit
- As a class, create a list of all the information the derivative provides
- Viewers should know the definition of a derivative
- Shows all the steps in the calculations
- Includes finding the equation of the tangent line as a bonus