The blank page can be a huge hurdle to overcome when writing a poem. Take that hurdle away with an interactive format that enables pupils to write elegant diamante poems. After they add the first and last words in two separate fields, the format guides individuals through the rest of the poem, prompting them to share or print their finished work.
- Have learners create their own diamante poems at home and share them in class the next day
- Use a computer lab visit or class tablet day to construct poems that connect to the current unit
- Project the interactive onto the whiteboard and construct a class poem about a literary character or current season
- Requires Adobe Flash Player to function, as well as access to the Internet
- Provides the structure necessary for learners to practice poetic elements
- Quick and easy format helps young poets feel professional