This Differences Among Colonial Regions lesson plan also includes:
Classes look at and analyze primary source images to explore the differences between the colonial regions during the Revolutionary era. They break into groups to tackle each region and then present their findings to the class. A final assessment is included that has historians writing letters in support of a particular region.
- Extend the activity by having your scholars reflect on regional differences within the US today to see how they are similar or different from what they were in the Revolutionary era.
- Take it even further by looking at some speeches delivered by Northern and Southern politicians from the time
- If pupils don't have laptops or tablets, print out copies of the images in advance
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The collection of primary source images is fantastic and unusual
- Comes with historical background information to refresh the instructor
- Includes a creative final assessment