This Different Excited States for Different Elements interactive also includes:
Explore the excited states of atoms through an interactive lesson. Scholars adjust the initial speed of atoms and observe the kinetic energy of the system as the atoms interact. As they change the initial speed and location of the atoms, the patterns of the kinetic energy change.
- Create specific scenarios for pupils to model with the simulation
- Ask learners to describe the effect initial speed has on the kinetic energy of the system
- Requires Internet access for individuals
- Participants can change the intervals on the graph
- Animation provides a strong visual reference