This Dimes and Pennies activity & project also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Help your fourth graders make cents out of fractions and decimals with this short word problem. After learning that dimes are one-tenth and pennies one-hundredth of a dollar, students write a fraction and decimal for a given number of coins. Use this resource to supplement your teaching of decimal place value using fractions.
- Money naturally lends itself to teaching about fractions and decimals
- Context allows for multiple approaches to solving the problem
- Requires previous knowledge about writing decimals
- Worksheet only includes a single problem