This Dimetrodon: Our Most Unlikely Ancestor video also includes:
Dimetrodon lived before flowers, and people often believe it was a dinosaur. Research, however, proves a different story. An informative video teaches more about the dimetrodon, a mammal often confused for a reptile. It explains the unique features and habits linking it to the same branch on the tree of life as humans.
- Research other animals living during the Paleozoic Era
- List other stem mammals throughout history
- Relies on prior knowledge of the Paleozoic Era and the differences between reptiles and mammals
- Provides closed captioning in Dutch and English
- Requires very little class time