Freshwater fish pee almost constantly, while saltwater fish pee very little. Scholars investigate the concept of homeostasis with a video lesson comparing fresh and saltwater fish. An episode describes how some fish absorb water, while others lose water due to osmosis and the concentration of salt in the water around them.
- Incorporate during a unit on homeostasis
- Follow the lesson with a lab investigation demonstrating osmosis
- Expects a basic understanding of homeostasis
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Uses animations to demonstrate concepts
- Includes humor for added engagement