You don't have to slay the dragon in this activity. Young writers review poetic devices with a set of worksheets about alliteration and similes. Once they finish waxing poetic about their dragon friends, they craft a final acrostic poem.
16 Views 16 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Use the worksheets with a story or unit about dragons
- Have class members work on the activities at home, or in a small group during a lesson about poetic devices
- Prompt writers to include their alliteration or similes in the last poetry activity
- Instructions for the alliteration activity aren't very clear; be sure that writers know what letter to use when crafting their own alliteration
- Engaging for all levels of learners
- Encourages learners to use the dragon theme when reviewing language arts concepts