This Dreams Progress lesson plan also includes:
Has society progressed to the dream Martin Luther King Jr. expressed in his famous address during the civil rights movement? Learners work with a partner to analyze one excerpt from King's "I Have A Dream" speech and find a current image that shows progress or lack of progress toward that goal.
- Excellent resource for observing Black History Month or studying the famed speech by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Consider displaying the students' finished photo collages around your classroom or school throughout the school year
- Ask students to use specific examples in history or current events explaining why they chose their images to go along with their speech excerpts
- Engaging and collaborative activity
- Includes all activity materials
- Great tool for language acquisition and development