This Duplicating a Line Segment video also includes:
Geometric constructions use simple tools to do complex things. Introduce learners to constructions by copying a segment. A concept video features the proper procedure for performing constructions, so young mathematicans learn the correct way to do it from day one. Follow-up videos apply the construction to create triangles.
- View the initial video with your classes and answer any clarifying questions; have pupils watch the three problem videos independently and perform the constructions
- Use the videos when a substitute is necessary to aid instruction
- Requires compasses and straight edges for geometric constructions
- The instructor uses the correct vocabulary and notation throughout the videos
- Does not apply real-life context to the task