This Earthquakes Living Lab: Locating Earthquakes activity & project also includes:
There are patterns in nearly everything — even earthquakes. Pairs research current earthquakes to see if there are any patterns. They determine the mean, median, and mode of the earthquake data, along with the maximum and minimum. Using their information, the pairs make earthquake predictions for a year.
- Research the closest earthquake to find out more information, such as if it was felt in your town
- Explore the locations of larger earthquakes and compare them to the locations of the smaller ones
- Each pair needs access to the Internet
- Provides example answers in the answer sheet
- The resource has a vocabulary sections
- Though the resource is designed for high school, its listed science standard is for middle school