This Ecological Footprint lesson plan also includes:
How does your lifestyle measure up in terms of your ecological footprint? Young ecologists examine their impact on the planet using an insightful online calculator. A short quiz asks users to rank the size of their homes, their energy efficiency, and a variety of other conservation-minded questions.
- The resource is a perfect tool for studying human impact on the environment or green math
- Use the calculator as a pre- and post-assessment of your class' understanding of energy-efficient concepts and practices
- Plan a full class period of computer use for individual students
- The calculator requires users to log in with Facebook or an email address
- Lesson includes printable student worksheet
- The score at the end of the online quiz is shown in the number of Earths required to sustain the user's lifestyle—a very eye-opening visual cue