This Egypt worksheet also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
The country of Egypt is more than just big pyramids and ancient pharaohs. After reading a brief overview of this African nation, young learners will demonstrate their understanding of the text by identifying the main idea and supporting details. Extend the activity by asking students to write short summaries of the reading passage. Add this resource into a geography lesson on Egypt, or use to further develop reading comprehension skills with informational texts.
- Text is clearly written with a main idea and supporting details
- Academic language is appropriate for third grade and above
- Sentence structure of the reading passage is short and fragmented
- Assumes some prior knowledge about the geography of northeast Africa and the Middle East