This Election of 1800 interactive also includes:
The 2020 election is not the only unpredictable one in history. The Election of 1800 highlighted an unforeseen event in a presidential election. The activity reviews documents from the elections and what happened when the electoral college ended in a tie. Scholars also learn how the Twelfth Amendment resolved this issue to prevent it from occurring in the future. Historians complete a series of questions and participate in group discussion to reinforce key concepts.
- Create a mock election to understand the significance of the Election of 1800
- Compare the Election of 1800 to other presidential elections
- The resource is designed to be completed online
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Resource provides additional background knowledge to aid learners
- The activity uses primary sources to enhance learning