This Elements 1 interactive also includes:
The periodic table can be a little overwhelming to young scientists. Meet your class' worries head on by introducing the table in a game. Individuals test their knowledge of the names and symbols of common elements, then use deductive reasoning to solve puzzle grids.
- Challenge pupils to create their own Sudoku-like puzzles using elements not featured in the resource
- Go through the instructions for the gridlock puzzles to make sure students know where to put their answers
- The activity is geared toward users with a basic understanding of the elements and their symbols, so very little prior knowledge is needed
- The puzzles focus on the main group elements that are most commonly encountered at the middle- and high-school level
- Users can check their answers and get hints throughout the game