Visualize the vastness of an atom. The video, part of the Veritasium playlist, discusses the amount of empty space within an atom. The presentation describes the theory of quarks and how that empty space is not empty after all. Using a simulation the resource shows how the space is filled with quarks and gluon field fluctuations.
- Develop a scaled atom model to show the volume of empty space
- Research quarks and gluon fields
- The class should have an understanding of the basic atom configuration
- Includes a physical description of the relative empty space of an atom that can be understood
- The simulation uses colors associations with energy that are familiar